How I wish I said all this, in time, and walked away:
- You don’t respect a culture just by flaunting your love for it.
- I think you are driving me insane with your puppy love.
- There are Private Chats and there are Group Chats. Private conversations are for Private Chats.
- No! I am not wearing what you want me to wear.
- Now that you have challenged me to do it, I have strongly, passionately decided not to do it.
- Yeah, dogs bark. What else did you think they do?
- My dog is not a T. rex.
- Lovely! You are offended. That’s exactly what I intended.
- I intently heard the crap for 40 minutes. I am still not convinced. Can you try another spin?
- Can I please evaporate right now? I don’t want to be seen here.
- The invitation says “Dress code: Casual”. Ya! Ya! That’s why I am here.
- Ah! 24? At your age everyone is a know-it-all. Continue your gyaan and feel good about it.
- No. No. No. No. (and move my head left-right-left in a slow motion 1000 times)
- Thank you! Now one more word from you and I am going to hit my head on that wall!
- Congratulations, you successfully pissed me off. I am going to curse you for next 30 days.
But as they say, some things are better left unsaid!